My son wanted to make a Christmas gift for his Kindergarten teacher and he decided that she needed a ring (since she wasn't married yet). He wanted it big and sparkly and something he could make, so we settled on a button ring. He accompanied me to a local store with lots of beautiful vintage and European buttons where he proceeded to make his way through loads of buttons in search of the perfect one. Suffice to say, Mommy got a few for herself, too. It's a super easy gift to make!
- buttons of your choice
- wire cutters (to remove the shanks)
- E-6000 adhesive
- ring blanks
1. Use the wire cutters to cut the shank off the back of the button (if necessary), cutting it as close to the base of the ring as possible.
2. Add a bit of E-6000 adhesive to the surface of the ring blank, press the button onto the adhesive.
3. Set it face down and let it dry overnight before handling.
* Look for vintage buttons and ring blanks on Etsy. The rest of the supplies are available at craft stores.